The Stafford Invitational will take place on Thursday June 20th to Saturday June 22nd, with a rain date on Sunday June 23rd.
It will be a 3 day tournament. Format will consist of a two man scramble on Thursday, two man best ball on Friday and a two man best ball with 6 aggregate holes on Saturday. There will be a fun style “shoot out” after the round on Saturday. This will NOT determine the overall winner of the tournament.
Players will be able to bring their guest out for unlimited practice rounds at any time once they have signed up for the tournament. The guest MUST play with his partner and a cart fee is required.
Shotgun start at 2:00 pm on Thursday & Friday and shotgun start at 10:00 am on Saturday.
Stag dinner and Calcutta will be Thursday evening after the scramble round. It will be a “Silent Auction” style Calcutta and teams will have the opportunity to buy themselves back at half price.
The cost of the tournament will be $499 per team. This includes tee gifts, unlimited guest practice rounds, golf & cart for the tournament, breakfast, lunches and Stag dinner, and awards reception on Saturday. Spouses will be invited to attend the reception on Saturday which will start at 2:00 pm. Skins, both scratch and net, will cost extra and all will be given back as cash prizes.
We will be soliciting businesses of Stafford members to become advertising sponsors for the event. All of the advertising revenue will go back into the tournament to make it as successful as possible. Sponsor fees will be for $750, $1000 and $1500. Each one of these sponsor categories will include a team entry into the tournament, advertising throughout out the weekend, an appreciation gift and transferable passes to play at Stafford for you, your guests and your business associates.
- Bronze Level - $750 includes listed as a Bronze Sponsor during the Tournament. A team entry into the tournament ( one teammate has to be a Stafford CC member ). Recognition gift after the event and four special guest passes for 2019.
- Gold Level - $1000 includes listed as a Gold Sponsor during the Tournament. A team entry into the tournament ( one teammate has to be a Stafford CC member). Recognition gift after the event and eight special guest passes for 2019.
- Platinum Level - $1500 includes listed as a Platinum Sponsor during the Tournament . A team entry into the tournament ( one teammate has to be a Stafford CC member). Recognition gift after the event and twelve special guest passes for 2019.
- All special guest passes include carts and are transferable to other friends/employees of your business. A Stafford member does not have to play in the group.
- If interested make checks payable to Stafford Country Club Invitational Sponsorship. Give to Eric or Mike in pro shop along with names of golfers playing under the sponsorship. Must be registered by Friday June 14th to qualify.
Finally, there will be a handicap committee that will investigate all participants handicap with the right to adjust accordingly if evidence shows that the person in question does not have a legitimate handicap. This committee will be made up of folks not playing in the tournament.
Hope to see everyone sign up for the Invite!
Stafford Invitational Committee