As provided by our Course Superintendent, Peter Cavanaugh, following are details of the work done on our Greens last Monday, 9-May:
- The greens were Verticut in two, perpendicular directions.
- The greens were then mowed to clean up debris from the Verticut
- The green were heavily top dressed with a sand/peat mixture, and that material was allowed to
- The top dressing was then dragged with a mat to help work it into the greens.
- The greens were rolled with vibratory rollers to further work in the top dressing.
- The greens were then watered to further settle in the top dressing mix.
- The greens were also sprayed with a fungicide, wetting agent, and growth